My Experence With Teenage Mothers

I will be writting about my experence with teenage mothers and their children. How I have helped them but mostly how they have helped me.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Keri

Standing at 5' 5" and some of the bulest eyes tha I had ever seen, I knew that this girl was special. Old worn out jeans, wearing a ripped shirt, and a small white garbage bag that held what was left of her life, I knew that this girl was homeless. Watching her trying to hold back the large tears that flowed down her pretty face, I knew that this girl was pregnant.
My 14 year old daughter Gina brought Keri home just hours before, I got home from my job at Display and Costume. Upon arriving home to our small apartment, Gina brought Keri to me to let me hear her story. Alone on the streets, she had no where to go. Our home was small and taking on one more child I knew it would just about break me. I already had three children that I was supporting. How could I turn her out on the street? How could I turn her out knowing that she was going to have a baby? What would become of her and her child?
I did what my heart told me to do. I took her in, gave her a home, fed her balanced meals, got her medical insurance, and took her to the doctor. When the word adoption came into our lives I got her counseling and helped her find a family for her baby.
A childless couple adopted the baby girl, they happened to be related to me. I remember crying as I handed them the small bundle. I took care of this child before she was born and now it was time for them to take care of her.
Now all Keri had was a broken heart and empty arms. I was left to pick up the pieces, and somehow we all did and went on with our lifes. I see Keri's little girl all of the time and now nine years later, I love her just as much as I did the night she was born.
Keri taught me the hardest lesson in life. She taught me courage, hope, and the greatest gift is the gift of love. She is one beautiful woman and I will never forget the blessing that she gave my family. I have not seen her in years, but I will always remember her with love.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger phebe said…

    That's pretty amazing. We always think its easier to be giving when we have a lot but its never easy. Thanks for sharing this great story with us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home